Brick/Brick Series Tryout Camp
The Brick Tryout Camp is for 7, 8 and 9 year olds who are interested in playing for the B’s Brick team (2011's in 2021) and Brick series teams (2012's & 2013's in 2021. The Brick Tryout Camp takes place in August over a two day period and allows the Junior Bruins staff to work with and evaluate those that are potential potential players for our spring/summer teams. Our Brick/Brick Series Camp is the first step in putting our teams together for the following spring/summer season.
We start our Brick team process years ahead of time in evaluating and training players. We have made changes to our AAA tournament teams in regards to the makeup, player selection process and more so that we are better prepared for the Brick tournament each year.ed from one year to the next. The Brick Tryout Camp kicks off the official start to putting our Brick team and 2011 Brick series teams together and provides our coaches and staff to evaluate the kids over six on ice sessions.
A common question we field is, “what are you looking for in a player or what does my son need to improve on to make the team?”. We are often asked after our tryouts for a detailed evaluation as well and our tryout format does not allow for that. This tryout camp is aimed at answering that question and giving detailed feedback on a players skill set/performance. The detailed report breaks down all aspects of a players game.
2020 Brick Camp
2011-2012-2013 birth years
Aug 5-6 @ NESC
*Register by July 3 and recieve a custom jersey with nameplate
%Those that attend the Brick/Brick Series Tryout Camp will get a credit towards the November/December formal tryouts.
The 2012-2013's that attend the August Camp will get a $40 credit for the November formal tryouts.
The 2011's that attend the August Cmap will get a $59 credit for the Brick team tryouts.
This tryout camp will serve several purposes:
- Two great days of training, inclduing five on ice sessions, and teaching from the Bruins staff. Most camps will have a wide variety of talent yet we will screen all applicants to our camp and ensure the talent level is high.
- This also allows player from out of area who we may not be familiar with to spend two days with our staff so we can better get to know them and their game.
- Those that are playing in either the CCM or STX tournaments August 7-9 can also use the camp as a tune-up for that event.
- If famileis are interested in a detailed evaluation from our staff that will include strengths and weaknesses and areas of the players game that need work that can be added during registration/check-out. This will give those interested in our teams time ahead of the November/December tryou sessions to improve on areas that need work. The fee for the evaluation is $125 and is an optional add on.
There will be five on ice sessions over the two days (format/ice times subject to change based on registration):
Wednesday, August 5
Each player will skate three times
Approx times are 9:00 AM-2:00 PM//3:00 PM
- Skill Session run by Junior Bruins coaches
- Cross Ice Session
Thursday, August 6
Each player will skate twice
Approx times are 9:00 AM-1:00 PM//2:00 PM
- Skill Session focused on Positional Teaching/Drills